Accounts Clerk and Administrator (Cape Town)
Accounts Administrator – Paarl, Western Cape
Minimum experience required: 3 – 5 years’ in an Accounts position (Debtors, Creditors, Recon and Accounts Administration)
Salary: R18 000 CTC Per Month (DOE)
- Position Objectives
To accurately record and support aspects of debtors, creditors and stock control.
2. Position Responsibilities
- Providing financial, administrative and clerical services to the accounting department.
- Ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring of debtors and creditors.
- Assisting with stock control and reconciling of stocks whether finished goods or raw materials.
Breakdown of Responsibilities
- Creditors Assistant
- Attach the creditors invoice with the processed GRN (goods received note), confirm the correct pricing of raw material on the invoice to the purchase order and/or goods received note, and then process the invoice in OMNI linking it to the relevant GRN.
- Chase the suppliers for the missing tax invoices in a timeously manner.
- Reconcile the OMNI supplier account to the statement once received.
- Facilitate creditors queries, not limited to payment requests, and communicate such with the financial manager / controller.
- Complete the sub-contractors credit application forms and hand to the financial manager for approval thereof before submitting to the aforementioned sub-contractors.
- Ensure the switchboard is answered courteously and timeously.
- Forward all incoming calls to the necessary person whilst advising them of the caller and the company.
- Take detailed messages and forward to the necessary person.
iii) Invoices (CPT branch only)The invoicing maintains control of orders placed and delivered to clients.
- Receive orders from clients and facilitate deliveries thereafter – sales orders / proforma invoices to be generated into OMNI.
- Once a signed manual delivery note is received, an invoice is required to be created by linking onto the specific sales order,
- Once a signed manual delivery note is received, an invoice is required to be created by linking it to the specific sales order / proforma invoice. All invoices are created with pricing linked to the cardex system.
iv) Debtors Assistant
- Reconciling accounts receivable to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Process any accounts and incoming payments in compliance with the financial policies and procedures (CPT branch).
- Verify discrepancies and resolve client’s issues in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Take action to encourage timely debt payments.
- Monitoring of accounts to identify overdue payments, alerting superiors and sales reps of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary.
- Professionalism and courteous communications with clients is required at all times to create trust relationships and to avoid future issues.
- Keeping accurate records and reporting on collection activities.
- Conduct credit checks on new credit application forms and send timeously to head office for final approval.
- Keeping up to date on any filing needing to be done.
- Interstore transfers
3. Reporting / MeetingsReporting involves submitting all required operational report to the branch manager and financial departments.
4. ISO / ProceduresEmployee to ensure that they are constantly following the appropriate procedures and processes.5. Other DutiesTo perform other duties as assigned by the branch manager, financial departments and/or top management and will enforce and uphold the company’s policies.
- Perform duties as requested by management.
Uphold all company policies.
To apply for this position – Email a copy of your CV to email@example.com