Business Analyst – Durban
The Business Analyst will be responsible for developing business requirements and related business rules based on the Group needs.
The BA will work closely with IT in the definition, testing, training, implementation, and support of functional requirements. The BA will identify requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow modeling, workflow analysis, and functional decomposition analysis.
The Analyst will solicit requirements through interviews, workshops, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Analysis and Solution Definition
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Identifies client organization’s strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
- Gathers, prepares, reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Develops functional specifications and system design specifications for client engagements.
- Technical Understanding
- Possesses a good understanding of databases and SQL.
- Technical Recommendation and Testing
- Coordinates testing efforts.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Communicates needed changes to development team.
- Client Management
- Develops relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Manages client expectations effectively
- Project Execution
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Takes input from supervisor and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback.
- Communicates and applies project standards.
- Manages resources in accordance with project schedule.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- Must be able to produce strong, quality documentation
Qualifications and Experience:
- IT Degree/Diploma or equivalent qualification
- 4+ years plus business analysis experience
- MSSQL Experience
- Previous developer or database administrator experience will be an advantage
- Strong facilitation skills. Must be able to elicit requirements from various personalities across the organization
- Experience with working to deadlines and the ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of standard IT practices related to business application development/implementation
- Process driven analysis skills
- Proficiency with the SDLC processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and management.
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Problem solving skills
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with the possible solutions.
- Must be able to work within a team dynamic, as well as on own.
- Adheres to and enforces department standards, policies, procedures and industry best practices
- General work hours of 08:00 – 16:30
- Hours outside the normal work week may be necessary depending on project schedule
- Must be willing to travel to client sites when required