Client Support Analyst – Remote (UK)
Our client is a software development company specialising in providing digital, sales and marketing solutions with a global clientele.
As a Client Support Analyst you will be working as a member of the Client Support team reporting to the Support Manager. You will be working alongside our software development, PSO and QA teams providing application support across a range of web and desktop bespoke applications.
This will be a full-time position working remotely from offices in Cape Town.
To provide first level support for LMS software users which requires but is not limited to:
- Monitoring the pipeline of all incoming user requests which can be raised by email, web, telephone or escalation from our support partners.
- Conducting the initial “triage” on all new requests to ensure that each is escalated to the appropriate level of priority.
- Resolving requests by providing direct solutions to the end user as appropriate.
- Allocating and scheduling requests to application support analysts or application specialists as appropriate.
- Providing an initial response to users on the status of their requests and maintaining communication with users to ensure they are up to date with the progress on their requests through to completion.
- Responding to ad-hoc user enquiries and providing training where appropriate.
- Escalating requests to the development or PSO team where resolution cannot be achieved by the Client Support Team.
- Providing reports, analysis and feedback on user requests as directed by the Support Manager.
- To provide on-call emergency telephone coverage for our global customers on a rota basis.
- A degree level education in a technical or business oriented subject or other equivalent recognised qualification.
- The ability to elicit a user’s problem from the initial request details provided.
- The personal discipline required to deliver the best level of customer service.
- Demonstrable time management and organisational skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to apply analysis logically.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication – any additional spoken languages are not essential but would be a bonus.
- The ability to work as a team as well as taking an initiative intelligently when required.
- Basic web design understanding and SQL knowledge would be an advantage.
- Hours are Mon- Fri 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (UK Time) but due to the global nature of our business some shift work or out-of-hours coverage will be
- 33 days annual holiday allowance.
- Duration – an initial 1 year fixed-term contact with a 6 months’ probation period with the opportunity to become permanent.
For the right candidate the position will offer career opportunities not only in client support but also in software development and other related fields such as IT Infrastructure, Business Analysis, Testing, QA, IT Training etc