Diesal Mechanic I Technician I Westmead
The Technician’s primary mission is to ensure that all vehicles and assets are consistently, efficiently and effectively diagnosed and repaired to provide the customer with quality, value adding services in accordance with the company standards.
- Ensuring that all vehicles or assets are operating efficiently
- Ensuring that diagnostics and maintenance standards are carried out in accordance with company policy and procedure
- Ensuring that all work is attended to in a timely cost-effective manner
Ensuring that quality standards pertaining to all work performed are adhered to
- Follow company procedures in every task performed.
- Attend to breakdowns, including standby service as required
- Diagnose and record vehicle mechanical faults and repair requirements accurately and to required specifications
- Diagnose and record vehicle electrical and hydraulic faults and repair requirements
- Conclude job cards accurately and in terms of company process and policy for all workshop activities
- Complete root cause analysis of major component failures
- Maintain levels of productivity and efficiency as instructed per company policy and procedures.
- Overall care and maintenance of company assets
Repair and maintain vehicles and assets as assigned
- Minimum Grade 12 / N2, preferably N3 or higher technical qualification
- Trade Test / National Qualification
- Minimum five years general diagnostics and repairs and maintenance experience in workshop and field service.
- Service, Repair and diagnostics knowledge / experience for all vehicles and commercial vehicles (New and Old)
- Roadside vehicle diagnostics and repair experience
- Experience on yellow metal an advantage.
- Code 8 Driver’s license
- Sound technical diagnostics and repair capabilities
- Sound verbal, written and telephonic communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to work irregular and extended hours
- Ability to consistently produce work that is accurate with acute attention to detail ensuring quality of workmanship and administration on all jobs assigned.
- Deadline orientated
Computer and diagnostic tooling literate
Should you meet the above criteria, please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org