Diesel Mechanic I Trainee Branch Manager I Westmead
The Trainee Branch Manager’s primary mission is to:
- As a Diesel Mechanic
- The Technician’s primary mission is to ensure that all vehicles and assets are consistently, efficiently and effectively diagnosed and repaired to provide the customer with quality, value adding services in accordance with the company standards.
2. As a Trainee Manager
- Ensure that in all branch activities company policy and procedure is adhered to without exception to ensure that service delivery quality and substantive targets are met.
- Daily work scheduling, planning and allocation of tasks to staff.
- Daily inspections of Property, plant, equipment and workspace to ensure that resources are in the condition that will enhance the ability to meet production targets.
- Ensure the optimisation of the company’s maintenance and repair opportunities effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure all Health, Safety and environmental regulations are strictly adhered to at the branch.
- Ensure compliance with disciplinary procedure and policy at the branch.
- Ensure the development and reinforcement of the desired company culture of service delivery at the highest standard to ensure we create value for all stakeholders in the value chain.
- Mentoring and building a competent cohesive team at the branch.
- Plan and manage the branch work schedule daily.
- Manage staff performance and development.
- Manage and maintain SHEQ, environmental and safety standards, according to company policy.
- Manage staff, timekeeping, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Manage branch costs in line with company policy and budgets.
- Manage company assets in accordance with company policy.
- Manage stock control, reporting and estimate procedure in terms of SOP and policy.
- Ensure costings are at appropriate levels on parts in line with company policy.
- Manage customer relationships to ensure that quality and value objectives are appropriately met.
- Daily returns completed to ensure processes are appropriately managed in line with company policy.
- Ensuring that all customer vehicles or assets are operating optimally post being attended
- Ensuring that diagnostics and maintenance standards are carried out in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Ensuring that all work is attended to in a timely cost-effective manner.
- Establishing and performing checks to ensure that workplace quality standards are met at the branch.
- Follow company procedures in every task performed.
- Collaborate and mentor the team to ensure that each function within the branch supports the process optimally to ensure quality standards are sustainably met.
- Ensuring effective utilization of personnel, development of personnel through internal training and identifying additional training needs
- Ensuring that disciplinary and grievance procedures are followed.
- Ensuring that all employees conform to safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Employment of staff as required by management from time to time in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Ensuring that Sub-Contractors and or own staff meet the necessary delivery requirements, including liaison with customers, appearance and upholding of company image to meet the objective of adding quality and value to all stakeholders.
- Ensuring that suppliers conform to quality and quantity specifications laid down by the company.
- Ensure that stock is controlled and managed on a just in time basis ensuring that stock holdings are directly correlated to the ability to complete works on time.
- Checking of job cards and estimates to ensure appropriate diagnosis of issues, appropriateness of solutions and proposed works to be undertaken to ensure that jobs are completed effectively and efficiently in every way.
- Liaising appropriately with Customers to ensure that they are at all times aware of the status of their jobs.
- Ensure that all tooling and company assets are secured, used and maintained in terms of company policy.
- Attend to breakdowns, including standby service as required.
- Diagnose and record vehicle mechanical faults and repair requirements accurately and to required specifications.
- Diagnose and record vehicle electrical and hydraulic faults and repair requirements.
- Conclude job cards accurately and in terms of company process and policy for all workshop activities.
- Complete root cause analysis of major component failures
- Maintain levels of productivity and efficiency as instructed per company policy and procedures.
- Overall care and maintenance of company assets
- Repair and maintain vehicles and assets as assigned.
- Minimum Grade 12 / N2, preferably N3 or higher technical qualification
- Trade Test / National Qualification
- Minimum five years general diagnostics and repairs and maintenance experience in workshop and field service.
- Service, Repair and diagnostics knowledge / experience for all vehicles and commercial vehicles (New and Old)
- Roadside vehicle diagnostics and repair experience
- Experience on yellow metal an advantage.
- Minimum Code 8 Driver’s license, preference to Code 14.
- Energetic and flexible disposition, the ability to manage staff at all levels, as well as a high level of integrity.
- Sound organizational ability and deadline orientated.
- Ability to mentor, coach and guide teams to meet the companies goals and objectives.
- Sound computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Mechanic Desk and RNR App) (Training on operations systems will be provided)
- Sound technical diagnostics and repair capabilities.
- Sound verbal, written and telephonic communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular and extended hours.
- Ability to consistently produce work that is accurate with acute attention to detail ensuring quality of workmanship and administration on all jobs assigned.
- Computer and diagnostic tooling literate
Should you meet the above criteria, please email your cv to email@example.com