Finance Director – (North Coast)
Finance Director – North Coast
A global, faith-based nonproﬁt organization is looking to hire a Finance Director for their SA offices, ideally to be located in Ballito / KZN North Coast.
- The Finance Director will ensure that all programs in all ﬁelds are following international Accounting and the NPO’s standards ensuring funds are allocated appropriately and verifiable.
- The Finance Director will oversee any International Finance Ofﬁcers and coordinate closely with program Regional Stewards and leadership.
- The Finance Director will report to the CEO. Ideal candidates would be located in Ballito / KZN North Coast.
- This post will require some domestic and international travel (3-6 weeks per year).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
It is the responsibility of the Finance Director to oversee all ﬁnancial transactions for the organization, including:
- Financial Reporting and Analysis – Continually analyze our ﬁnancial data in order to provide crucial guidance and recommendations to the CEO and board. Send out monthly ﬁnancial reports with a dashboard analyzing key indicators, and send monthly budget updates to staff who oversee budget areas.
- Grants Accounting – Track ongoing grant expenses and ensure spending falls within the window of allowable expenses, reporting to and liaising with the granting agencies and collaborating with key program staff to facilitate compliance.
- Oversee Financial Processes – Manage key processes around reimbursements and payments for staff support accounts, wire transfers, depositing and recording of donations, accounting, payroll, severance, and staff beneﬁts. Continually improve ﬁnancial processes.
- International Accounting / Audits – Work with overseas staff to ensure that all ﬁelds are using appropriate accounting practices, and to ensure that money is being spent for the purposes for which it was given.
- Facilitate the Annual Budget Process – Work with the CEO, Leadership Team, and Board Finance Committee to facilitate the annual budget process
- Manage Key Relationships – Manage key high level relationships with our external auditors, accountant, banks, and the ECFA.
- Bachelor’s / Honours Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Masters degree in Finance or Accounting
- CA Qualified
- Signiﬁcant experience with grants accounting, US governmental ﬁnancial reporting, and international nonproﬁt oversight
- Forensic accounting
- A strong commitment to social justice and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable populations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of US laws, rules and regulations pertaining to NGOs and non-proﬁts
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and willingness to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills