ICA Engineer (Instrumentation/Control/Automation)
Our client in the oil and gas industry, based in Seaview, is seeking an ICA Engineer (Instrumentation/Control/Automation).
- B.Tech. Electronic / Electrical / Mechatronic Engineering
- Formal qualification in PLC or SCADA systems / PR Eng certified
- 3 years of experience on a PLC/SCADA system.
Experience on Adroit SCADA, and/or Schneider Modicon/Unity PLCs and/or experience in the oil and gas industry
- Ability to program PLC and design SCADA layout for small to medium level
- Updating Instrumentation Loop and Electrical drawings
- Responsible for the calibration, repair, and maintenance of control equipment /
- instrumentation in the manufacturing process
- Ability to adjust instruments, diagnose malfunctions using Pactware. Preferably – Fuji /
- Vega / ABB
- PLC Panel and Program Fault finding, preferably on Schneider PLCs (Concept/Unity)
- Basic setup, wiring and fault finding of VSD’s. Preferably experience with ABB
- Knowledge and experience of MCC Fault Finding – DOL cubicle wiring, motors, and related equipment.
- Expert use of tool selection, tool care and complex tool operations
- Expert knowledge of relevant trade nomenclature, applicable technical standards, and equipment tolerances
- Strict understanding and adherence to relevant HSE requirements prior to and during
- operations (Last Minute Risk Assessments [LMRA] / permit to work)
- Able to work under pressure, outdoors, in confined spaces and at heights.
- Comprehend and adhere to the standard operating procedure.
- Comprehend and execute a work instruction unsupervised.
- Adapt planning and schedule to prioritise processing plant break down when the need arises
- Perform root cause analysis on repeat failures and participate in facilitated failure modes and effects analysis [FMEA] and reliability centred maintenance [RCM] exercises.
- General maintenance: Rebuild and repair for preparation of spare equipment.
- Understand the systems for requisitioning of spare parts, comsumables
Salary is R 40 000 + benefits
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.