Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner I KZN Region
The Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner (OHNP) will be responsible for ensuring the health and welfare
at work, of all persons who perform work on the employer’s premises, in that workers are not affected by
substances, processes or disease precursors encountered in the workplace and may remain active and
productive members of the workforce.
Medical Surveillance & Employee Wellbeing.
• Promotion of wellness and prevention of occupational injuries and diseases.
• Pre-employment, Periodical and Exit Medicals/health assessments.
• Biological monitoring and Medical testing where necessary.
• Assist with Work Exposure Risk Profiles (WREP’s) and Man Job Specifications to enable appropriate
• Identification & Monitoring of special vulnerable groups.
• Epidemiological surveillance where applicable.
• Job Placement and Rehabilitation.
• Impairment assessment and disability management
• Assist with worker integration into the workplace after prolonged absence due to illness or injury and
assess fitness to work or refer for such assessment.
• Monitoring of personal protection methods including the implementation of a risk based Immunisation
• Counselling and/or referral of employees when needed to ensure optimal physical and mental
• Health promotion and maintenance, including coordination of employee wellbeing days/initiatives.
• Provide Clinical care by assisting with:
• Emergency Medical Care when needed.
• Managing occupational injuries and diseases
• Recognise chronic disease early and monitor these conditions to ensure productivity by screening;
early referral; health education and encouragement of compliance with treatment and lifestyle
• Monitoring staff sickness absence and working to reduce it, in collaboration with Human Resources.
• Maintain accurate, complete, updated and confidential health records for each employee.
• Co-ordinate radiation medicals and assist with over exposure incidents.
• Monitor radiation worker exposure doses and assist with Dosimetry Coordination and Management
• Participate in Radiation Protection committee Meetings when requested by the RSO and/or Licence
• Review of Site specific Health risk assessments and review of WREP’s based on site specific SHEQ Risk
• Provide input in terms of MS Requirements and/or controls required for health risks.
Occupational health and Safety Programme
• Revise the Occupational Health Programme annually with the OHS Coordinator / HER Manager for
input and approval by the Occupational Health and Safety committee and Management team.
• Attend the OHS committee meetings.
• Work closely with SHE Managers, HR and Group COID Administrator to coordinate and manage
occupationally acquired diseases and/or work related injuries.
• Participate in Occupational Health Self-assessments, Quality reviews and/or external certification
• Identify risks and opportunities for improvement.
• Registered as a General Nurse with the South African Nursing Council
• Registration with SANC as an OHNP would be advantageous
Relevant experience will be advantageous.
• General nursing, occupational health nursing, environmental health and safety, education and compliant
Should you meet the above criteria, please send your CV to email@example.com