Our client, a development and property company is looking for an Offshore Accountant, based in Durban.
MUST HAVE MDA EXPERIENCE
Maintaining of financial transactions and records and reporting to Balance Sheet.
Analyse and process transactions in respect of building expenses and recoveries as well as producing
• Finance related degree.
• At least 3 years property experience.
• Thorough knowledge of MDA property management system
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Maintaining and safeguarding the financial records of the company.
· Maintaining supporting schedules and documentation.
· Maintaining records of subsidiaries.
· Checking financial reports and records for accuracy.
· Preventing, rectifying, or reporting errors made while recording, posting in or balancing any
· Reconciling all accounts periodically.
· Prepare and analyse monthly, quarterly, half-yearly management accounts, and yearly financial
· Calculating and reconciling of VAT and taxes.
· Preparation for audits and addressing any audit related queries.
· Preparation of the annual budget of the company.
· Commentary on month-on-month variances to the budgets.
· Overseeing the cash flows, reconciling the bank accounts periodically.
· Preparation of quarterly financial covenant reporting.
· Oversight of accounting and rent-roll software.
· Staying up to date with financial policies and ensuring compliance therewith.
• Load recoveries, utilities, new leases, and addendums onto MDA.
• Arrears reports to be extracted, and any concerns to be communicated to Property Managers &
• Processing and analysing of billing, interest, and other charges.
• Update and analyse all schedules for utilities, deposits, repairs, and maintenance & tenant
• Process monthly and ad hoc invoices (analyse recoverability of expense from tenant in terms of
lease), once all the necessary approvals have been obtained.
• Assist Property Managers with performance of annual rates calculations and insurance
• Check the accuracy and appropriateness of invoices being submitted for processing.
Salary – R 35 000K