Plant Controller (Management Accountant)
Our client, one of the world’s leading producers of flexible packaging for well-known customers in the consumer and pharmaceutical industries is looking for a Plant Controller (Management Accountant) based in Durban.
This position is responsible for the overall financial steering of the Plant. Partner with plant management to effectively manage and control the business. Accountable for plant-level responsibilities including budgeting, forecasting, cost accounting, bill of materials management, management reporting, business analysis and profit improvement activities
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree in Management Accounting, Cima will be an advantage
- Expert level knowledge of Controlling and Accounting
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Knowledge of ERP solutions (preferably SAP, AX)
- High level of proficiency in English Language
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience, including cost accounting, in a manufacturing organization, with a preference for an international company
- Sound working knowledge of South African statutory requirements
- At least 2-3 years experience in managing a team
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the plant business planning and forecasting with appropriate financial modelling, analysis and commentary
- Establish, monitor and maintain a system of internal controls that safeguards company assets and provides for integrity & propriety of financial transactions and activities. Compliance with corporate policy including EHS regulations
- Implement proper cost accounting and production controlling (machine hour rate calculation, standard cost calculation, waste rate calculation, setup and processing time identification, cost center management and allocation base identification)
- Pricing analysis and support. Track ongoing material price development and impact on P&L. Analyze forecasted and actual price deviations.
- Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly
- Suggest, support and implement improvement measures, including developing KPIs for best practice in all areas and tracking results to drive improvements (e.g product profitability, waste percentage, material usage, packaging & freight costs, machine capacity & productivity, WC development etc.)
- Timely reports of results, forecasts, budgets and other ad hoc reports.
- Actively participate Plant meetings and walk-throughs with focus on production and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
- Responsible for internal controls at the plant for operations, sales and finance
- Initiate, drive and support the management of special projects for profitability improvement.
- Participate in preparation of CAPEX applications; ensure its correctness and business sense.
Salary – R 550 – R600K p.a