Production Shift Supervisor
Engineering & Technical ~ Management ~ Artisans
Reporting to: HOD Production
Supervision of: 15 – 20 Staff Members
Our client, an established automotive components manufacturer in Westmead is looking for an experienced Production Shift Supervisor.
The company is a manufacturer / supplier of valve seats and valve guides, for combustion engines, with a well-established international customer base. The company employs over 750 employees across 5 facilities worldwide and has 85 staff in Durban operating on shift basis.
The Production Shift Supervisor will be responsible for, amongst other things:
- Efficient production output and meeting targets.
- Ensuring components are produced to specification and is of high quality.
- Production Team management during the shift.
- Training and development of personnel in a shift.
- Providing technical support where applicable.
- Ensuring compliance with all operational requirements (OHS / QUALITY / ADMINISTRATION)
- Support Management in providing harmonious working environment, attending to queries and escalating where appropriate.
- Attend to adhoc duties and projects assigned by HOD/s.
- Provide expertise in management of company resources
- Provide technical support and guidance to subordinates and ensure efficient and smooth operation of production during shifts
- Oversee proper allocation of resources available and ensuring discipline in accordance to the company regulations and processes.
- Tertiary Qualification in Management would be advantageous.
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in a Supervisory / Team-leader position, preferably in Manufacturing environment.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to develop, train and instruct Operators.
- Reasonable background knowledge of quality management systems.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Background in Machine Operating / Setting advantageous.
Package and benefits:
- Basic Salary: We offer R 140.00 – R 157.50 per hour Bonus: We offer annual bonus in a form of a 13th Cheque. Benefits: Provident fund (8%)
- Allowances: Shift Allowances (12.5% / 17.5% / 30.0%)
- The candidate MUST be in good standing with all arms of law enforcement agencies of the country