Sales & Orders Expeditor
Sales & Orders Expeditor
This position exists to efficiently manage the sales and orders processes within the company.
As a Sales & Orders Expeditor, your role is to support the sales department in maximising the company’s market share and savings. As an Orders Expeditor, your responsibility is to oversee the entire order process, ensuring accurate delivery, invoicing, and exceptional customer service. Combining these roles contributes to enhancing company efficiencies and achieving its goals, ultimately providing outstanding customer service.
- Assist in setting sales goals and strategies in collaboration with division/branch management.
- Maintain regular contact with existing clients to understand their needs and address any concerns.
- Compile quotations and assist sales representatives in scheduling appointments.
- Prepare and analyse sales reports to track progress towards goals.
- Identify and pursue new sales opportunities.
- Support sales plans and presentations.
- Perform other tasks as delegated by management.
- Receive orders via phone, email, or messaging platforms and ensure adherence to the correct procedures.
- Coordinate with the Despatch Controller to fulfil orders promptly and accurately.
- Generate invoices using the company’s accounting system.
- Supervise delivery processes and address any discrepancies or issues.
- Maintain clear communication with customers regarding delivery and stock updates.
- Manage cash transactions from COD clients and maintain petty cash records.
- Ensure proper filing of invoices and delivery notes.
- Conduct daily meetings to monitor stock levels and address back orders.
- Submit monthly reports to the Branch Manager, covering various operational aspects.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management and uphold company policies.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety protocols in all operations.
- Matric required; additional qualifications in sales or administration preferred.
- Proven experience in a similar role, with knowledge of sales and order processing procedures.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software (e.g., OMNI).
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in record-keeping.
- Commitment to upholding company policies and promoting a positive work environment.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and multitask effectively.