Our client, an insurance, banks, financial services outsource company is looking for a Scheme Accountant to join the team:
Advanced excel is a requirement for this role and candidates will be assessed on excel in the first interview.
- B Comm. or equivalent national diploma in Finance/Accounting is required.
- At least 2- 3 years previous related working experience in a corporate entity is required.
- Experience in working with advanced Excel is required.
- Previous work experience in the financial services environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in dealing with underwriters/clients/business partners would be an advantage.
It’s not your traditional finance role, The "Scheme” is the product / book and this person gives feedback and reports information on to the Business Partner – looking at the numbers – variances/discrepancies
Looks at financial statements – collections /payments / premiums etc –so ideally someone from insurance or financial background who understands policies / debit orders etc
Strong excel / pivot tables / v look ups to do the reporting
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours:
- A good understanding of the purpose and context of financial reporting.
- A good understanding of financial concepts, especially those applicable to the role.
- An understanding of accounting processes/practices and their impact on financial reporting.
- The ability to work with large volumes of financial data accurately and efficiently.
- Advanced Excel skills, with proven ability to apply these skills.
- The ability to analyse reports and explain variances clearly.