Senior Commercial Underwriter
A leading insurance company specializing in providing comprehensive coverage and risk management solutions to individuals and businesses is looking for a Commercial Underwriter.
As a Senior Commercial Underwriter, you will play a pivotal role in assessing risks, evaluating insurance applications, and determining appropriate coverage for our clients. The ideal candidate for this position must possess a solid understanding of commercial lines of insurance, and be fully Fit and Proper.
- Review and analyze insurance applications, supporting documents, and underwriting data to evaluate risks and determine insurability.
- Conduct thorough risk assessments, considering factors such as policy terms, coverage limits, deductibles, and potential hazards.
- Collaborate with agents, brokers, and clients to gather additional information and clarify policy details.
- Evaluate the financial stability and creditworthiness of applicants to assess potential risks accurately.
- Review and interpret policy terms, conditions, and exclusions to ensure compliance with underwriting guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Stay updated on industry trends, market conditions, and changes in underwriting standards to make informed decisions.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as claims and legal, to resolve complex underwriting issues and inquiries.
- Maintain accurate and detailed underwriting records and documentation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of [5 years of experience in underwriting, with a focus on commercial lines. (GIT, Building, Public Liability, etc)
- Possession of a valid RE5 qualification and FAIS credits.
- Must have binder experience.
- Experience working on Flexi will be advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of insurance principles, underwriting guidelines, and risk assessment techniques.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to assess risks and make sound underwriting decisions.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with complex information and data.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact professionally with agents, brokers, and clients.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks within established deadlines.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and cross-functional teams.
Client offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including Medical Aid, Provident Fund, assistance with qualifications and referral incentives.