Senior Coxswain I Falklands Island
Are you looking for change and do you want to start a new chapter where life is simpler, quieter and less crowded then this may be the perfection option for you.
The Falkland Islands is one of the few places in the world that has full employment, and many people have second jobs
The Falklands Islands Company, are an overseas territory of the United Kingdom located in the South Atlantic Ocean situated on the coast of South America.
They are looking for a Senior Coxswain to join their team. The Senior Coxswain will be the lead person for the day to day operations for 3 FIC launch boats with the ability to provide an efficient and competent service to all our customers. They will be responsible for keeping the launches properly maintained and in good order and all onboard equipment is present and in correct working order. Organise the full-time crews operating the launches daily, as well as our ad hock staff, and be responsible for the FIC East Jetty premises, making sure the Jetty/Hut/workshop/storage spaces are being kept tidy and well maintained.
- Overall in charge of the FIC launch crew and launch operations.
- Piloting launches when required.
- Movement of cargo/personnel to/from vessels upon customers’ requirements.
- Make sure launches are constantly checked, well maintained, tidy and clean to meet the necessary operating standards dictated by FIMA.
- Make sure FIC launches meet the necessary requirements according to the new Workboat code of practice
- Keep correct records of the launches and equipment on board.
- Make sure all safety equipment is up to date, and parts needing update/replace are ordered in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for keeping workshop and tea hut clean and tidy at all times.
- Be responsible for keeping weekly launch maintenance sheets up to date.
- Supervise Launch crew on daily/weekly tasks given.
- Supervise launch crew overtime.
- Complete monthly worksheets for staff hours & overtime, and make sure these are sent to the line manager in time for the payroll.
- Be an effective leader and have the ability to motivate others.
- Have the ability to remain calm and composed when dealing with challenging situations, specially in front of clients.
- Be willing to work public holidays, and unsociable hours during the busy periods, also be a part of an on-call rota.
- Responsible for organising & producing a monthly staff on-call rota.
- Responsible for identifying health and safety issues while operating/working the launches. Make appropriate reports when required.
- Be willing to help other departments within the company during quiet periods of work
- Must hold at least a level 2 powerboat certificate or equivalent.
- Have at least 5 years experience working with launch boats.
- Be physically fit and be of clean and sober habits.
- A good knowledge of boat mechanics.
- Have admin/IT and report writing skills.
- Full car driving license.
- Be willing to attend training courses when suitable opportunities arise.
- Be a responsible leader as well as a team player.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- A practical and common-sense approach.
- Flexible approach to dealing with and adapting to change.
- Committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Class C & E driving license.
- Experience of operating plant equipment.
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to email@example.com