Support Services Lead I The Falkland Islands Company
Are you looking for change and do you want to start a new chapter where life is simpler, quieter and less crowded then this may be the perfection option for you.
The Falkland Islands is one of the few places in the world that has full employment, and many people have second jobs
The Falklands Islands Company, are an overseas territory of the United Kingdom located in the South Atlantic Ocean situated on the coast of South
To oversee & coordinate Support Services Operations (Health & Safety, Quality Assurance, Environment and Security) and ensure company’s compliance to HS&E procedures, employment law and other legal and legislative requirements, and immigration ordinance. This role also manages outsourced services such as IT and systems administration.
- Engagement with Stakeholders across the business.
- Implement Health & Safety strategies from ground up.
- Ensures compliance of the Company’s HS&E procedures and that audits are carried out in a timely manner and actions acted upon.
- Advises FIC on all aspects of Health & Safety including facilitating quarterly reports to the FIH Board on HS&E Performance.
- Oversees internal investigations of any incidents that, in a UK context, would be RIDDOR reportable and report these to the FIC Board.
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and implement such changes where relevant.
- Advises the Board on all HR matters to ensure the Company complies with its statutory obligations, legislative requirements including immigration ordinance and, where possible, complies with UK and other International best practice.
- Oversees all investigations on behalf of the MD.
- Responsible for the profitability and administration of the Security Services team including responsibility for compliance with FI legislation and contractual requirements.
- Previous experience in a senior management role with Health & Safety experience in a construction industry / sector
- Qualification in occupational health and safety, such as a masters, NVQ, BSC or NEBOSH national diploma
- Understand the application of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and other legislation relevant to the Companies business.
- Savvy stakeholder management – managing relationships and expectations.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to communicate and manage staff at all levels.
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate a strong sense of integrity, ethics and dependability.
- Strategic thinking, planning and creative problem-solving skills.
- Sound decision making skills based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Results oriented and metrics driven.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- People management experience.
- Pragmatic and pro-active team player.
- Business acumen
- Commercials acumen
- Knowledge and/or experience in HR is an advantage
- IT savvy
- Training & Development experience
- Proficiency in MS Office programs
- Driving License
Salary: Support Services Lead – ranges from £40K to £45K per annum.
Please email your CV to email@example.com