A successful manufacturing client of ours based in Prospecton, Durban has an opening for a Quality Assurance Controller to join their team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise and direct raw material weighing department staff to ensure materials are weighed accurately, correctly and according to plan.
- Direct and activate planned manufacturing to ensure targets are met and exceeded.
- Inspect raw materials prior to mixing to ensure accuracy and conformance.
- Supervise and direct machine operators to ensure blending / mixing conform to approved company work instructions.
- Ensure batch cards are completed accurately.
- Ensure batch cards are accurate and up to date. This includes following process when any changes are necessary.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are set up and maintained within manufacturing, weigh up, lab and quality control areas.
- Ensure safety standards are maintained. This include supervising staff to ensure they comply with PPE requirements.
- Ensure all mixing equipment and pumps are in working order and cleaned according to maintenance standards. Report all maintenance issues immediately to limit the impact of any downtime or quality.
- Ensure all scales are checked and conform to accuracy standards. This includes reporting all faults to ensure scales stock is usable and accurate.
- Ensure all valves, pipes and tanks are in good working order and not leaking. Report all maintenance issues immediately to limit the impact of any downtime or quality.
- Supervise and control the reworking of damaged goods and reworked raw materials as required. The quality of the final product must never be compromised during this process.
- Ensure non bulk raw materials are packed and correctly stored and marked.
- Assist with in house marketing items as required
- Raise and report on non-conformance reports according to work instructions and procedures.
- Apply ISO principles of continuous improvement within your area of operation and within the company as a whole.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a paint or chemical manufacturing facility.
- Detailed understanding of Chemical safety and hazards.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001.
- Good knowledge of QMS procedures.
Suitable candidates to send their CV’s to : email@example.com