Global company based in Mt Edgecombe seeks a Java Developer to join their growing team.
- Execute full life cycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of Java experience in application design, software development, maintenance and delivery.
- Strong experience with Web architecture, design and development tools and languages.
- Strong relational database experience (DB2, Sybase, MS SQL server, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11i)
- Analyses, designs and builds component-based applications in a Web/ Mobile and Enterprise delivery environment.
- Management and project experience in a Financial Services environment
- Entrepreneurial drive and a desire to build, own and manage a team
- An interest in Business Intelligence Tools and a constant desire to learn and expand knowledge
- Good contacts in the Financial Services and Technology Industry would be a big advantage
Market related salary
If you meet the above requirements, kindly email your CV through to email@example.com, or feel free to give us a call.