- Degree (Honours, Masters or PHD) in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics and / or a combination of these.
- Relevant data science certifications such as Python, Microsoft, AWS, Hadoop, big data, machine learning, cloud infrastructure.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in data science related projects.
- Experience with Python/Microsoft ML and tools available within the machine learning ecosystem (i.e.numpy, pandas, matplotlib, SciPy stack) and working in Jupyter notebooks.
- Experience with SQL and working with large-scale data sets.
- Knowledge and practical experience applying machine learning techniques.
- Experience working in agile development teams.
- Experience in operationalising data science solutions or similar product development.
- Experience in a high-scale production environment is critical.