Despatch Supervisor – Durban
To supervise the safe execution of all activities in the Outbound Logistics process and to ensure that all processes and controls pertaining to the movement of finished products are adhered to.
- Strong Administration
- PC Skills and Operating computer systems
- Complete basic business calculations
- Operate within a logistics environment
- All aspects related to dispatch operations.
- Control and monitoring company drivers – supporting the Senior Logistics Supervisor (Outbound).
- Control and monitoring the movement of finished goods stock in an efficient manner between sites.
- Monitor and control current warehouse management systems.
- Control daily operations from a systems perspective and highlight / resolve any anomalies immediately.
- Daily movement of inventory must be controlled and verified.
- Weekly cycle counts and feedback.
- Manage monthly inventory counts and report on results.
- Identify opportunities for process/systems improvements
Policies and Procedures:
- Ensure implementation and compliance of Logistics Policies and Procedures
- Operate according to standard operating procedures and within the parameters of applicable legislation
- Ensure an enabling climate/culture
- Supervise the team to achieve work unit objectives
- Plan allocation of labour within area of responsibility
- Achieve HDSA/Female targets for the Department
- Obtain approval for and recruit and select employees in the area of responsibility
- Conduct outcomes-based assessments
- Coach and counsel people to ensure improved performance levels
- Ensure discipline is maintained in department (absenteeism, lateness, overtime, misconduct, etc.)
Resolve grievances and disputes