DIRECTOR: REWARD SERVICES (HR)
The main purpose of the job is the overall management, administration, and control of the Institute’s Human Resources Reward Services portfolio which spans across 5 campuses.
The incumbent will provide direction and leadership and advise the Executive Director (Human Resources) on matters relating to the Institute’s Human Resources Policies and Strategy.
This includes the Institute’s payroll and benefits administration, Remuneration and Job Evaluation, and Human Resources Systems Administration, enhancements, and support. S/he will oversee the implementation of new systems and upgrades as appropriate to ensure that Human Resources and the Institute achieve the most effective use of its Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Masters degree in the fields of Human Resources/ Financial Management and 10 years relevant experience in a complex reward/payroll environment of which 5 years must be at a senior level OR Chartered Accountant and 12 years relevant experience in a complex reward/payroll environment of which 7 years must be at a senior level.
- Extensive experience in payroll administration, employee benefits, and taxation.
- Extensive human resource management experience in a unionized environment
- Experience of managing, leading, and developing professional HR and employee benefits teams within a complex and dynamic working environment
- Experience of delivering measurable and visible improvements in HR and employee benefits service quality and fostering a strong Customer service ethic.
- Experience of analysing, using, and presenting complex people information in a variety of formats to a range of audiences
- Project management experience
- Experience of successfully consulting and negotiating with organised labour.