IT Compliance Coordinator
The IT Compliance Coordinator is responsible to provide operational and administrative support to the Privacy and Compliance Manager, as well as to relevant stakeholders to ensure the company’s compliance with applicable regulations (present and emerging) associated with data protection and the handling and processing of personal information.
The incumbent will assist with all supportive responsibilities to ensure overall compliance with applicable legislation.
- · Compile minutes of all POPIA Working Groups and POPIA Steering Committee meetings.
- · Follow up on meeting actions.
- · Complete Information Security and Privacy Assessments (ISPA) as and when required.
- · Monitor completion of 3rd Party Questionnaires and initial assessment.
- · Implement remediation actions in light of compliance risk assessments.
- · Monitor and report progress of compliance training.
- · Maintain all compliance dashboards.
- · Coordinate the reporting of compliance actions.
- · Conduct legal/regulatory related research.
- · Facilitate compliance related awareness communications.
- · Draft related policies and procedures.
- · Maintain applicable CSAs.
· Assist with the coordination of any projects requiring legal/compliance input.
- · Assist with privacy requests investigations.
· Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Level 4.
· Relevant Tertiary qualification – Compliance or IT related field
· Administration / project management qualification (preferred).
· A minimum of 2 years’ administrative/project management experience
· A minimum of 3-5 years’ privacy/IT law related experience
· General data protection legislations, ideally CIPP
· Security and/or Privacy knowledge
· High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exude
the appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
· High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision.
· Project Management skills