Junior BI Developer
Our client is seeking a Junior BI Developer to assist in the development of new products and monitoring of existing products.
- This role requires a motivated, energetic, inquisitive, and highly numerate person who has a solid technical base but also possesses an appreciation for numbers and understands the value that can be derived from interrogating them.
- The position would require you to get involved with all components of the Data warehousing from design and development which includes planning and design new system architecture, creating ETL projects, optimization of the SQL database and ETL processes, maintenance of the Data warehouse and report creation.
Minimum Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Relevant IT Degree / Diploma
- Experience with MS BI stack (SQL / SSIS / SSRS / SSAS and Power BI)
- Able to work in conditions of change, flexible and open to learn new languages and architecture
- The role requires high proficiency in SQL Database and the ability to query data and solve complex problems
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with a quick turnaround time to meet client expectations
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Experience in creating SQL objects (stored procedures, views, and functions)
- Design, develop and document end-to-end BI solutions, including reports, creation of new data streams
- Ability to troubleshoot performance problems and perform Database maintenance and performance tuning (Indexing, backups, query optimization)
- Develop and automate data loads from multiple data sources into the Data warehouse via SSIS(ETL), as well as maintenance of loads
- Design and development of reports and dashboards
- Provide support to business functions
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
Hours of Work
- Monday – Friday 06:30 – 15:30
Hours outside the normal work week may be necessary depending on project schedule