Level 2 Service Engineer – Durban
You’ll be joining our client’s Durban team providing Level 2 escalation support on complex IT issues, remediating high level problems in the NOC team and playing a mentoring and training role to junior colleagues.
You’ll also master their SSO product and be involved in escalations and consultation around it. Training is provided.
You need to have a 4+ years’ genuine experience in a in a managed services provider or systems integrator servicing SME business clients.
To be successful you must demonstrate advanced technical skills with the following:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft server operating system – 2012R2, 2016 & 2019
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Terminal Services/Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft 365 / Azure AD
- Advanced Networking Skills
- Backup Systems
- NAS experience
- IT Ticketing Systems (Connectwise, ServiceNow, Desk etc)
- Remote Management and Monitoring Tools (Automate, Kasyea, N-Able etc)
- AWS / Azure
- MikroTik – RouterOS
- Powershell scripting (Microsoft 365)
- Network experience with Unifi switching and WIFI AP
- 3CX and Teams calling
- Microsoft ATP
- IDP/SSO Tools
- Azure MFA
Important to know:
- The role has challenging hours. You will be starting work at midnight and finishing at 9am Durban time (AU shift) or starting at 2pm Durban time and finishing at midnight (USA shift).
- Overseas Travel Requirements – During your probation you will be required to travel to our Manila office to work closely with our team. Be prepared for 1-3 months away from home in the first year while we bring you up to speed.
- You will be working to the Australian calendar following Australian public holidays. 20 days paid leave per year either planned (vacation) or unplanned (sick)