Systems Engineer: Linux
The System Engineer reports to the Infrastructure Services Team Leader and is responsible for the implementation, support, maintenance and improvement of Linux server infrastructure.
A key objective of this role is to ensure optimal performance of the Linux server infrastructure and the services that run on it.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that core systems are always available and performing optimally by overseeing the relevant hardware and software infrastructure.
- Automating routine tasks through shell scripting.
- Ensuring that ERP backups are maintained and completed successfully.
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting Linux Operating Systems and RedHat cluster services.
- Specifying server requirements, obtaining quotes, racking, installing and maintaining servers when necessary.
- Relevant tertiary degree or diploma
- RHCE, Linux or equivalent qualification
Experience and Requirements
- Bash scripting at an expert level
- Python scripting advantageous
- Storage Area Network (SAN) knowledge beneficial