Technical Onboarding Consultant – Durban
Our internationally based client who is an established Cyber Security SaaS and IT services provider to the accounting industry are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to fill the role of Technical Onboarding Consultant.
The company is rapidly expanding on it’s success in Australia with a significant investment in the USA marketplace. In order to scale the USA market successfully they are building a shift covering North American business hours.
This shift will consist of Client Success Executives, Onboarding Consultants and Product Engineers
- This role’s primary objective is to be the customer advocate and experience facilitator throughout the onboarding process.
- His/her job is to ensure customers’ interests are considered in all instances to promote a positive completion of the onboarding process and translate complex technical concepts into plain speak terms.
- The Onboarding Consultant has a high level of emotional intelligence and client empathy which he/she uses to relay the client’s best interests to internal staff and drive the best outcomes for them.
- The Onboarding Consultant is adept at explaining technical concepts and providing training to non-technical people.
- Conduct Online Consultations of onboards – Conduct consultations and product related sessions (walkthrough, go-live, OTA, adhoc) with clients. The onboarding coordinator typically is weighted towards 6+ user firms
- Client Experience Management – Manage the customer experience through the onboarding process and oversee the process from the customer (non-technical) perspective. Check and ensure support workload is balanced between resources, service types, items. Take responsibility for Escalations.
- Coordinate Scheduling & Follow Up– Manage meeting/consultation schedules with clients and prospects for Product, Sales, Service and Executive teams.
- The position will be office based in Durban. Applicant must be open to international travel. Up to 3 months per year away from home.
- The successful candidate will commence work on the below span shift during probation and for three months then move to the USA shift on an ongoing basis.
- USA Shift – 4pm Durban time (GMT +2) to 1am Durban time
- AU Shift – 12pm to 9am Durban time
- Span Shift – 8pm Durban time to 5am Durban time
Role Requirements – Non Negotiable
- See the above types of person. If that doesn’t sound like you, the role isn’t going to work.
- 2+ years in a customer facing role, even better in tech support or as a client services rep in a tech business.
- 2+ years in a tech company or exposure to business technology.
- You’re computer savvy and can type, spell and communicate well.
Role Requirements – Highly Valued – the following puts you right at the top of the pile
- 2+ years in a Level 1+ IT service, project or support role. In an MSP even better.
- Business process or systems experience
- Any Microsoft or other tech certifications.
- Experience using ticketing Systems (e.g. ConnectWise)
- Empathetic, friendly and gets energy from interacting with people. You need to be a people person and enjoy helping and serving others. You need to be tuned into client requests and pick up on nuances in conversations. You’re not going to be rattling through a script and our customers’ opinion of you matters to us.
- Tech savvy. You don’t need to be a full-on technical expert but you need to understand tech to a level of being an ‘advanced user’. This means you can master PC based software that you use and you have used business applications before. You are someone that says you’re ‘good with computers’ of anyone asks.
- Commercially minded & Customer Focused – You need to understand the nature of a business-to-business relationship and the link between good service, the client paying the company and the company paying it’s team members.
- Need to be a motivated self-starter – The role isn’t for coasters. We expect this person to want career and skills progression. This role is just the start of their journey. If you just want ‘a job’ and are happy with the status quo this role isn’t for you.